I think it is really important to run with people, run buddies. I feel that it is also really important to establish what you all want to do with your running of races, race strategies. I think I am super lucky with Carrie as my run buddy. She is open to new things and she is not insulted if I want to run a race, solo, which by the way is very rare! I thoroughly enjoy competing with her and finishing races with her. The only reason I am saying this is because I was working on our running schedule. We decided that we were going to run our own races for the River Run and the Prairie Fire Half this fall. I am both nervous and excited. I am nervous because I want to do well. I am excited because I only have to think about myself, that sounds selfish. Truth is, I will be thinking of all the others probably more than myself anyways, I have this crazy feature. I just want to do great. I want to be an amazing runner!
Anyways, today was Girls on the Run 5k downtown. I had a great run buddy!! She was a lot of fun. I was really nervous because I got paired with a middle school kid, thinking that she would lap me and have to come back for her run buddy!! But I stuck with her!! She was a sprinter and then she would walk, then sprint again! It was funny. She kept asking to hold my hand and then she would take off, dragging me! I had a good time with her. I really enjoy being a run buddy!!
 |
| Me and Madison |
 |
| Me chasing Madison! |
I really need to stop procrastinating!! I have to study for this horrible final on Monday!! Laters!
No comments:
Post a Comment