Thursday, December 13, 2012

Winter Break!!

I made it through the semester!!! I finished and I am fairly certain I have all "b's" and I am perfectly okay with that!! It was a hard last few weeks. This week I have been fighting a terrible cold, ya know the chills and shakes, cough, runny nose...the works. Ugh, but I think I am starting to feel better finally!! And best of all I have a whole month off of school!!! WOO HOOOOO!

I took this week off from running. My last run was last Sunday and it was TERRIBLE. Seriously, I am not sure I have ever felt that awful. I could not catch any oxygen and I was breathing SO hard. I dragged Brandi out of her nice warm house on a windy, cold, wintery day and I failed. I knew as soon as I took about ten steps I was never going to make the planned 8 miles. I think Brandi thought I was just whiney, but something felt off. I was breathing so hard and I felt like my pulse was easily in the 200 range, not usual. So I convinced her we needed to shorten it....turned it into 6 miles and called it a day. I left her house came home showered and crashed. On Monday morning I woke up with a lovely fever and have gone downhill since! Oh well. It gave me plenty of reason to sit in bed and study for my finals.

I have been bugging Carrie lately to run with me, because I miss running with her!! She had been super busy with GOTR and now she is back into her gym workouts hardcore, I think she is working out with her futrure SIL, but I still miss her!! She finally agreed to run with me this Sunday!!!!

I really hope I start to feel great again, because I am trying to stick with my new training plan!! Going to rest up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment