Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Boredom

I never thought I would say this, but when is school starting again!? I have bee going crazy with how bored I am at home, it is like sitting in solitary confinement!! Oh well, only a few more days like this.

So I made it through Christmas and it was all fine. Stressful, but fine. Kevin and I made some New Year's Resolutions together, I have redone my training plan (for the 100th time), and I have become addicted to the tv show The Walking Dead.

Brandi and I pre race
I went to the Resolution Run in El Dorado this year, everyone says that it was all my idea, but I tend to disagree, anyways I had a blast. The running part sucked, but the rest was fun. I went out and bought tiaras for us to wear, Me Carrie and Brandi. It was a race that had 5 stops for beer. First stop was in the convention center then there were three in the run and last one was back inside again. They ran out of beer at the third/turn around area, which for me was fine. I had a hard time keeping the beer I drank in the right spot! And the people I was running with were all really funny.....hard not to pee your pants while running too!! It

Brandi Me Carrie
even started to snow when we started! It was relly pretty cool, I am definitely doing this again. Brandi stuck with me for the majority of the run, until the end. (I really can not be taking three weeks off and thinking I can race, that was stupid! I felt it!) Anyways, they served us chili and corn bread with our beer after, I barely had 2 bites, I just can not eat right away...wish that was the case all the time!!
Finished and tipsy!

After the race I drove Brandi back home and I went home to hang out with Kevin. We had such a GREAT night!! He had gone to the liquor store and bought some champagne, but we started with a couple of Coke and Mr Jim Beam's....then we had the three bottles of Champagne.....then we had redbull and vodka.....then it all came back up! HA. We watched Water for Elephants and sang karaoke...a little drunk, but so fun!! I really had a nice New Year's Eve!!

The next day was a lay low kind of day, then Brandi asked me if I was running, so we went out and did three. I have to commit. I have to finish what I want to do and it is going to be hard, but I know I can do this. I need to follow the plan regardless of my schedule!!! Eight weeks til the half marathon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment