Monday, January 21, 2013

It's a new day

Well last weekend was not great. First I went to work and had a very poor attitude walking into it simply due to the staff that was on. I snapped at one of the receptionists and I shouldn't of. I wish I had a better control over my emotions. Then all afternoon I prepped to go to a wedding of one of my nursing school buddies. I am not sure how I would get through nursing school without these two girls!
Jannifer, Charlene, Me
The wedding was really small and very family orientated, but it was still very nice. I carpooled with Jannifer and had a nice evening. Charlene looked great! I was impressed. I was not impressed with the other girls at our table, also in our class, that all left super early. They didn't even wait to say hi to the bride and groom, just eat and leave. Rude in my opinion.
Sunday I waited around and debated running or skipping. I was certain that if I ran I wouldn't be able to walk this week. Brandi texted me around noon and I told her if I was running at all I think I would do it on the treadmill as I was scared. She said no pressure, I think that she thought that I was just not going to run. That was partially true, but I felt really guilty. I got dressed with every intention of trying to run my long run on my treadmill. I ran the first mile, way too fast, and then I took it down a notch. Every mile I did I felt stronger and happier. I think that it was all the DVR'd Big Bang Theory that kept me simply entertained. I did the run in intervals starting after the first mile. I have never gone over 4 miles, if that, on the treadmill. I am so proud that I did this! I did feel like a cheat though, but my legs didn't kill me after!!
Well I can't seem to load my treadmill pic for some reason....so gotta go to work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment