A few of them still are intact. I am not sure if I ever actually said what they were, but here they are in a nutshell:
1. Run 750 miles in the year 2013
2. Run odd distanced races such as 10k, 4 miles, half marathon...
3. No fast food, like mcdonalds, braums, taco bell....
4. Do weekly weigh ins for the year.
Well the only one that I have slipped on 3 times, is Mcdonalds. Ugh. It makes you feel terrible, but it is so fast and easy to get. I have been trying super hard to ignore it, but when you live alone it is difficult to make food that is easy and tastes good enough to want to eat the leftovers ALL week.
So anyways...I ran a 4 mile race this morning. I woke up with a nasty headache, and I was grouchy (still am). I really did not want to go out and run as it is cold and windy today, but I already paid for it. I was not about to DNS. So I drove there and was being negative the whole way. Carrie was running too. I got there first so I picked up our packets and pinned my number on. I was freezing. There were 500 people registered....that was a LOT more than I thought. We got lined up and it was crowded. When the gun went off I was trying to not go out fast, but that was not going to be a problem as I could barely shuffle with the tight crowd. All I kept thinking was "don't fall, you will be trampled!" It was frustrating. Finally around 0.75 the crowd thinned enough for me to get into a groove. I was determined to not take any walk breaks, but I was having a hard time. The first split was 10:02. That was good, then it got windy. We went into a culdesac (sp?) and I could see Carrie on the other side, so she was maybe 0.25 behind me. I was impressed. Mile two had a water stop, I didn't take any. I knew if I stopped I would keep stopping for the rest of the run. During mile two I was getting really overheated. I took the headband off and I took the gloves off, but I could not cool down. I felt so weird. I kept going, but mile three was rough. I was feeling like I was going to hurl. I kept plugging along. A little after mile three, Carrie came up beside me, she scared the shit out of me because I was not expecting anyone to start talking to me, let alone loudly!! She looked awesome. Great form, great enthusiasm, great everything. She started to talk and slowed down a little to stay near me, but there was no sense me dragging her down so I told her to keep running! Well right before she came up to me I was thinking about how I wished I had a run buddy to help pull me along....Thanks Carrie for hearing my wishes! I started to try and move my feet quick enough to not lose her. She was bouncing, I was not! Finally the finish line was there and I made it!
I can not say that this was my best race, even if it was my best 4 mile time ever, I felt terrible the whole time. I went into this race with two goals... 1. Get a time 44:00 or less and 2. Not walk at all. I achieved both of these today. I am pleased with that. I am just a little disappointed that I did not feel great or have a "great" run. But you can't have an amazing run every time! Next time will be mine...I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment