Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stress

Wow, what a difference a day can make. Last Sunday Carrie and I went on a lng run and it was amazing. That night my whole world became more difficult. My mom called (she NEVER calls, only texts) to tell me that Papa was in the hospital. Talk about terrible week for this. I have this stupid two week class I am in and this weekend is memorial day weekend (plane tickets are super pricey on holidays) and I am scheduled at work full time. Well she told me that Mimi called her on Sunday to say Papa couldn't walk, my mom went to their house and found Papa sitting on the stairs not able to move much. She took him to the hospital and they started doing some tests. Basically he has been having dark bloody stools for over a week, he is on Coumadin and obviously bleeding out, his crit was super low (6, not really a live able number :/ ) and he has a rediculously low HR and he decided to stop taking his Lasix because he would have an accident on his way to work. (my Grandpa is 80 years old and still works full time)
I think the worst thing of all this is that I have just enough medical background to know that this is not good. When you have a crit that low, you should have  super high heart rate because your heart should be working harder to pump the blood around. Anyways I have been super worried about him and Mimi, she does not handle stress well ( last time something terrible happened in my family she had a heart attack). To top it all off I feel like I should be out there to just be supportive, but I honestly feel like I am stuck here in KS, until I am done with this class and the holiday is over. There really is not much I can do out there except be there, and I am constantly getting updates, so I just need to breathe.
On another note, I hate my professor for this online class I have to take! There that feels better just saying it! lol. Seriously though. I have to just buck up and finish this class ASAP.
Well that is enough depressing words for today. I am going for a much needed run with Carrie tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment