Sunday, May 27, 2012

Got my rear in gear!

Well tonight was a evening 5k that I had been looking forward to for awhile. I did not prepare for it like I should of, as in I did not run this week at all! My last run was last Sunday, I know terrible, but I did not have a goal in mind for a PR, I honestly just wanted to finish without walking. I did, but barely! I was wayyyy too emotional and was near tears the last quarter of a mile. It  kind of just hit me tonight before the race that this was benefiting colon cancer. With all the stuff going on with my grandpa last week, it seemed very coincidental and karma-like, so I felt that I needed to do it for him. (They found a tumor in his colon last week.) So I ran the whole thing without walking, but i started getting teary eyed near the end and my throat started to close up, like I was having an asthma attack. I was whistling while I was breathing, I think I scared Carrie. I told her to keep going, I knew she was going to kick it into high gear and I would not be able to stay with her. She rocks. I love running with her.
Hmmm, on another note I got to hang out with my nephew Weston all day yesterday! Love that little boy. Honestly though I do not know how mothers do it! Bravo to them, because my arms are so sore from holding him and playing with him!! ( he is only 5 months old ) I really enjoyed it though, but it made me a little sad that I haven't been able to do that with my other nephew, Bruce. ( he lives in RI, I live in KS) I really need to plan a trip out to visit soon!!
Going to shower and sleep! 10k is this next Saturday! Eek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment