I did it! I did the entire run with NO walking, all 6.2 miles. It was actually a great run. I did not sleep much last night. Carrie texted me this morning around 5 and I was already awake. I was sooo nervous. I had my phone navigate me to Century 2 since I had no clue where to park. I was pretty sure that I would just find a spot. I ended up parking at Gander Mountain. Carrie and I met up and walked to the GoRun tent. It was very lonely, just her and me. I was pretty cold when we were just standing around, but I knew I would warm up. Brandi and Brian met up with us, we took a couple pictures together. Weston "made" I am proud of Aunt Kim sign. Very Cute! Well we finally got in the start line, Brandi found a friend and Carrie and I were alone again. We got going and we were QUIET. It was kind of a faster pace, but comfortable. I do have to say I hate running on bricks, anywhere there were bricks it was just tough. Somewhere between one and two miles I tripped pretty bad, but I surprisingly did not face plant :). Carrie kept telling me who she dedicated each mile for: 1-Elliott,2- Paul, 3-Me, 4- Her Dad (very emotional) 5- Her mom 6.2 - Her. I thought that was a great idea, but I felt so bad it mad her cry. At around 3 miles I asked her if she was getting her second wind yet, she said it was more like a breeze! I love that!! Anyways, we really did get an extra boost, but I was starting to get pretty tired around 4.5 miles and my left achilles was starting to really hurt. We kept talking about how we really wish we had cheerleaders to get us through to the end, but we didn't. At 5 miles, two GoRun guys had started to walk back and they spotted us and started cheering us on, it gave me goosebumps! Just after 6 miles we saw Brian, Brandi, and Weston.. They started cheering us on, and Weston was giggling so much it was making me choke up, he is too cute! Then Steph was there with a sign and she ran with us a little, which was pretty cool. Carrie and I came in side by side to the finish and we were proud!
Tomorrow, I am going to Stephanie's wedding and tonight I am finishing my online class. Not a bad weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment