| New and Old |
Well this is the second week on training for the half marathon and I am tired again, but for different reasons this week. Last night I decided that I was going to try a track workout that GoRun hosts every Tuesday at Friends University. I did my very best not to talk myself out of it ( I have some serious anxiety issues and am very capable f talking myself out of anything) so I kind of got crabby before I left just because I was stressed. I got there ok and I walked up to the track. Not many people were there so I asked a girl if she was there for the GoRun workout and she said yes, so I was happy I wasn't late. Kevin got there and i talked to him briefly about how nervous I was, he said to do a lap to warm up and relax a bit. So I did. (Did I mention it was well into the triple digits yesterday?! Crazy me decided this was the perfect time to try a track workout! HA!) I had a hard time breathing just on the warm up! Then we did some more warm-ups going the width of the infield. ( I was plenty warm let me tell you!) The girl next to me had her Garmin on and told me that thsoe were about 1/2 mile in distance.....and the practice had not started yet!
I was starting to get a little upset that I wouldn't be able to do the workout because I am not in shape enough, but I toughed it out....Fernando said he wanted to do a timed mile....so we did. I was dead last ( non pun intended...) at 11:50, which for me was not all that terrible. But you have to realize that the people at this work out were anywhere from 6 - 8 min milers! Oh well I was trying. Then we split into teams and did a 4 person, 4 lap relay.....ugh. Lap one - hot, but got it done, Lap two - tired, hot, finished it, Lap 3 - looked at the ground the entire time willing myself to not pass out!, Lap4 - Fernando put a sub in for me (thank you!) I was beat...that was not easy! I do want to try and do more of these!
Before I left the workout I asked Kevin what I should do for my run today ( I was scheduled 3 miles) he said to see how I felt around 2 miles....well I got up and dressed this morning and that was about it... I was pretty sore from yesterday and decided that I needed a rest day. Tomorrow I plan on getting up and doing an easy 3.
Oh and most important news!! Carrie and I broke up!! (sounds weird, but I am sooo sad) She decided to do the novice plan instead of the beginner, which is probably a good thing, but I am still trying to do that plan...I really want to improve! The runners at the track seriously motivated me. I feel so damned fat lately and I want to lose a few jiggly areas!! I don't know we shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment