So we had one heck of a long girls weekend. Carrie, Steph, and I went up to Kansas City on Saturday afternoon for the ColorRun. It was about a 3 hour drive, and of course I drove, but we didn't get lost. It went smoothly. When we checked into the hotel I was a little skived out. I am not a fan of hotel beds. It was a little gross for me, but I had no say in the hotel as Stephanie did that part. Then was the dinner decision. Stephanie had her mind set on this restaurant that Spiller told her about, but it looked really expensive, and I had no money to spare, as I was paying for gas. So she called and made reservations and thank goodness Carrie put her foot down, I wasn't sure how we were going to get out of it but we did! We ended up going to to the Cheesecake Factory, and yes it was amazing!
When we go back to the hotel I was super tired, as was Carrie, but Steph was still pretty awake, so she turned on a movie, Spirit of the Marathon. I watched it best I could, it was pretty good. I did not sleep more than 2 hours that night. I shared the bed with Stephanie and she was a blanket hog! Anyways 5 am came around quickly.
The Color Run itself was weird. It was definitely a "hippie" thing like Kevin said. I was fairly disappointed, because it was impossible to run! Between the course being crazy packed and Stephanie not being able to run I was not prepared for the disappointment. The splashed you with color every kilometer, but I still do not think that they were actually measured . I think that this was a race that is cool to experience, but not to do ever again. Oh well you live and learn. The best part of the run was the end. Seriously! About every fifteen minutes there was a giant color throw and that was were you got colored.
 |
| Me Carrie and Stephanie |
Anyways I am into week 3 of Half Marathon training. My schedule is really messed up. Since we did the color run on Sun (technically was an off day) I did nothing yesterday, but I am super stressed about the run I am supposed to do today. I am supposed to get 4 miles EZ done, but I also had mentally planed to do the track workout again tonight. However I forgot that I said yes to Kevin in going back to GB tonight! Now it is bloody hot out!! I really do not want to try and get 4 miles done on the dreadmill...We will see.
Happy 4th to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment