![]() |
| At the finish line, tired. |
A woman, girlfriend, sister, and aunt! With a stong addiction to sugar! Trying to stay fit and healthy.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Titan 10k
Yay!!! I finished another 10k! I am so proud of myself because it literally almost did not happen. I got up with plenty of time and started driving out to Wichita South High, and proceeded to go around the block like 4 times because I could not figure out how to get into the parking lot. There was construction on Seneca and I was alone and no one had texted me and I was already VERY anxious. Finally I found out how to get in (only by seeing another person turn where I thought you could not turn) and got in the lot with fifteen minutes until the start of the race. When I looked all around I was very nervous, no one looked slow. I had to keep telling myself it was ok - I was running the race for me... I kept getting really emotional through the start of the race and the end because there was no one there to cheer me on. I started out way to fast for me to maintain on this distance and had to pull back a little, which was sort of annoying because then people started passing me. There were lots of run/walkers and I swear those people drive me nuts!! Oh well. I had an awesome surprise at mile 5.5ish .....Carrie was there and she cheered me on!!! I got so emotional I could hardly breath (not a good thing at all at the end of a race)!!! She seriously made my day!! Can not explain how grateful I was to see her!! The best part was that she knew I would need help around mile 5! That is because she ROCKS!! I finished up the race and the old lady (74) that I had been back and forth with in positions (she was a run walker) flew by me, made me a little deflated, but I finished!! I still think I can say that I really do enjoy 10k's better than 5ks, however....I would be curious as to my new 5k time, since at that point in today's race I was still in the 30 minutes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment