Sunday, July 8, 2012

Great Bend weekend

Oh man it is Sunday and I so wish it was Saturday again! I went to the firefighter auction thing Friday night and forgot to set an alarm on Saturday morning for the group run, dang it. I had my whole run mapped out and everything, but Kevin called me at 6:30 am and that was when I realized it. Unfortunately it was too late for me to go or to even run at home alone as I had to go to work. Oh well. Work was super busy and I was flying all over the place!! After work I drove out to GB to meet up with Kevin. It was a NICE weekend! I was in a good mood and so was he. Got to take a look at the garden, got to relax a little and nap on Kevin's shoulder, and got to see Duane (lol). We went to Dillon's to get some groceries to make fajitas on Kevin's wok-thing at Dewey's and they were SO good. I ate way too much Saturday night. I also had one lime-arita. (tasty!)
This morning I had an alarm set for 6:50am so that I would get up and do my long run that I should of done yesterday, but boy was I tired. Fortunately- Kevin kept pestering me to get up and run so I did. It took me several minutes to get my act together though. I had sorta miled out what I was going to run so I kind of left the house with a plan. I was to do 6 miles, this would be the first time since the river run that 6 miles has come from my legs! My first 10 steps SUCKED! I was sore and tired and grouchy, but I kept plugging at it. I finally got to about a mile and was awake, but the sky looked really dark and I was tempted to call Kevin to watch the weather and pick me up if needed, but I didn't because I didn't want to stop. I did two out and backs before really getting into my run which was good, because I would not have wanted to keep going after the bulk of my run. I did decide that I wanted to run through the corn field road, which sounded like a good idea to me at the time....I kind of forgot about the pivet and it making the ground wet. I did run it though with roughly 5 pounds of mud stuck to each shoe also while jumping over the divets from the pivot wheels....My butt can still feel this part of my workout! The rest of my run was pretty simple and straight forward. I did not take the field on the way back, but the road instead. Probably for the best.
Making some fresh spaghetti squash for dinner from our garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment