Sunday, June 17, 2012

New week needs new attitude!

I have been very negative lately. Maybe not so vocal about it, but definitely negative. The only excuse I have is the stupid meds that I am on, paroxetine, I am trying desperately to get off them and it is HARD. I have been having some serious vertigo/dizziness and hot flashes. The vertigo is almost unbearable, the room feels like it is tilting and spinning and if I move too fast I feel a little nauseous. I read up on SSRI withdrawals last night and it says that it generally lasts from 11 days to 2 months. My fingers are crossed it is the former!

Anyways, tomorrow I start my second S2F plan for the fall half marathons that I am planning on doing, yes plural...lol. I think Carrie is secretly trying to kill me! However, I did agree to it. I am really excited though, because I have honestly been terrible at working out since the River Run. I like the motivation that the plans give me. I think that I really need to try and push myself a little harder this go around though. Last time I went into GoRun, one of the coaches, Fernando, said it looks like I am dogging it when I run, which I think a lot of the time I am, but it was interesting to me to realize that someone (an elite someone I may add) actually noticed this. This little sentence from him really is inspiring me to pick it up a bit! My next race is the COlor Run, which is not timed, so I really have little motivation to try, but then about 2 weeks after that I have another 10K that I signed up for. I think Carrie was going to run it with me, but I honestly do not think that it interested her much as she is scheduled to work that weekend, so this will be a chance to prove to myself that I can run with full feeling in it and finish a 10k. I am shooting for better than my 1:25, but I need to be realistic, I haven't run in a week and a half.... so my goal is an even 11 min mile, which makes it finish in 1:13. I can do this! I will do this!!

The color run is next as I mentioned above. I guess the plan is that we ( Carrie, Stephanie, and I) are going up on Saturday and getting a hotel room. We are going to have a nice dinner and take lots of pictures and just have a fun girls weekend. I think this sounds amazing. I need a vacation super bad!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment