Saturday, June 23, 2012

who to run with!?

Yay!!! Week one is OVER!! I can honestly say that it was actually a great week. I got al my runs done, Mon 3 miles, Tues 2 miles, Wed 3 miles, Thurs 3 miles and Sat 4 miles. It was hard not going to lie. The other day I wrote about how tired my legs were, well they were not this morning! I ready. I was however scared about doing the group run today because of how many people were supposed to be there (they keep telling us that over 600 people registered) so my anxiety was kind of high. Where to park, when to leave my apartment, pick up Brandi, and the list could go on and on, but it was really great.
I picked Brandi up about 6 this morning and we chatted all the way out east to the GoRun store, got parked with minor hiccups and managed to find Carrie - finally! - in a huge crowd!!
I was getting worried about who I should run with right before we started, should I try and run with Brandi because I couldn't find Carrie or should I start screaming her name to locate her (heheh, I was tempted!) but she found me! Brandi was really cool too though. When we all started she ran with us a little, but you could tell we held her back, so I told her she could keep going and she did. We passed her she passed us at the turn around area and she looked great. Carrie and I met up with a new girl and she was our speed, maybe slightly slower, which was cool. When we got to 1/2 mile left I saw Brandi! She had turned around and run back to meet up, which I thought was SOOOO cool. I ran with her in, kinda felt like vomiting, because she is so much faster! but it was fun!
Tomorrow is an official rest day and boy am I going to rest! I am kind of excited for next week's training to start! And in 3 weeks I get to do the Titan 10k !!! Carrie and I did have major shoe envy this morning with everyone in their new shoes and us in our old ones, so she is on her way to come pick me up for some shoe shopping and lunch!
Life is pretty good right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment