Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just one more week!

Eeekk!! I can not believe that this time next week I will have (hopefully) finished my first half marathon! This is so exciting for me!!Carrie and I had planned this week to do one last long run this weekend. After talking it over we decided that it would be best if we just left right after work on Saturday instead of trying to get it in on Sunday. 
The end of 10 miles!
Carrie had her mind set that she wanted to run 10 miles since she had not run a double digit yet, but even more than that she had felt terrible at the 15k we did a few weeks ago. She needed this as a confidence boost. I was a little bit more leery about going that far the week before the big race. We decided to set out some water stops for us, because we thought hydration was a a huge factor in the 15k and we wanted to be prepared. Driving out that 5 miles was a LONG drive, and we never really made 5 miles. We thought with all the curves and jumping the river we would be about 5 miles. Finally we got back to work and got started. We had to really fight ourselves to not go too fast. That was hard because we both felt good. It seemed the first half we walked at ever 0.8 mile to give us our intervals. It was good. We both took shot blocks before starting and then a Gu and water at 3.5 ish then gatorade at about 4.5. On the way back we took the other half of our shot blocks and water. I decided gatorade is not for me. It makes my stomach do the waves. It is weird. We got all the way back to the clinic and we found that we were short an entire mile. I kind of tried to be lazy and say that we should end on a good note, but Carrie was not having it. We ran the block and added our last mile to it! We did 10.07 miles. It was great, we felt awesome and we both felt like we could of kept going if we had to! I am so excited for next weekend!!! I want to finish a half marathon soooooo badly!!

After our run, I came home and showered and such. I had to get ready for girls night. I had decided that I wanted to go so I was going to go. I was really tired though after my shower and took a small nap so I could stay awake. Finally got my act together and drove over to Kara's with my jello shots and was kind of surprised that they were just painting pumpkins. I mean no radio, the tv was on discovery or animal planet, and they were in pajamas for the most part. I was a little bummed. So I grabbed a pumpkin and started the painting. Everyone kind of stated to get goofy after a few drinks and jello shots and we went out and sat around the fire...and got smoked out!! I really did have a great time. The girls were all really funny and we laughed ALOT. Girls night may have started slow, but it was pretty awesome. After the fire we went back inside and played a card/drinking game. I learned a lot about those girls, lol! It was a perfect day.

Well I better get some homework done and clean up this apartment, it is a mess! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment