Monday, October 1, 2012

2 weeks away!

Seriously, there is like no time at all until the half marathon!! I am kinda freaking out. I have been a huge slacker the last few weeks, because I have been really busy. I know lame excuse, but I ran tonight. I was trying to talk myself into it all day, but I sorta failed. Then Brandi texted me asking about running this week and I decided to just get on the treadmill. While I was gliding (that's how I really felt) I asked what time she would be ready tonight. That was it. We met up at 7:30 and it was one of my best runs ever. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with her,especially after having already done a mile. She is definitely faster than me, but I was holding my own pretty well. In fact for the distance of 3.1 (5K) I PR in time! Anyways it should be an interesting 13.1 miles. I am still scared!
Last weekend GB had a make-up fireworks day. It was originally cancelled for the 4th of July, because of the burn ban in place. Well they scheduled it for this weekend and that's what we did. It was a massive boys weekend. I really do dislike fireworks ~ they scare me! Kevin enjoyed himself I think so that was all that mattered. Sunday was boys weekend part two. A bunch of his buddies came out to the farm and did some shooting. It was kind of fun to watch, until I realized I was getting a sunburn. Like who gets a sunburn in October?? Me.
Anyways I was a slacker and I skipped class all day today to get caught up on all my school work, since I took the weekend off....ugh.
Work tomorrow and Wednesday then lab Thursday morning and Buckcherry Thursday evening !!!
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment