I went to RI for 2 weeks and am SOOOO glad to be home. :) I had a good time, but it is really nice to know officially where I call home....Kansas. I feel at home here and I feel like I belong. Anyways, I got to finally meet Bruce!! He is so CUTE and ADORABLE! Love that little boy!! I really did have the best time out there with Bruce and Candice.
![]() |
| Me and Bruce |
I also did a 5K on Block Island while I was out there. I think I wrote about it in an earlier post, but I had signed BRidget and her boyfriend Andre up for it as well. Well that was a waste of money. We got to Block Island and my mom and John went to get a bit of food, so the three of us started walking to the beach the race was on (according to the information 10 minutes from the dock turned into 1.5 miles of walking) and they complained the entire way about why we didn't get a taxi and we should of. How were these two going to make it another 3.1 miles and back to the ferry!?
Well we got there and checked in and waited. My mom and John were nowhere to be seen, so I called her and she said (begrudgingly) they were on their way. The race started to line up and I saw that my mom and John had just gotten there as we took off. Bridget started to run with me and then 50 feet or so started yelling to Andre (who was way ahead of us) to come back and walk with her, poor guy, he looked like he really wanted to run it. I kept going. The race director had apologized for high tide, but it hurt! (If you don't know, running on the beach is great ... at low tide because there is hard packed sand from where the water was at high tide, but at high tide your only options are to run in the water or to run in deep beach sand) I ran the entire 1.5 out to the turn around and started walking, my shins hurt from the angle on the beach. I figured I would pass Andre and Bridget, but no. So I got back and found them, they were done and they had gone through the finish chute. I was peeved. Then I looked around for my mom and John, again couldn't find them so I called - on the beach in the opposite direction. All in all this 5K was a fail. :(
![]() |
| I did manage to get a picture in my GoRun shirt at the beach though! |
Aside from all the drama, I did get quite a few great runs in while I was out there and now that I am back in Kansas, the weather has cooled off significantly. I am pretty excited for my training to be in the second half, but really kinda nervous about 13.1 miles!! I just got my second half of training plans and they are about the same during the week, but the long runs are scary! I have 10 miles to do this weekend! I am hoping that I will be in Great Bend this weekend so I can take advantage of dirt roads!! Cross your fingers!!
Oh and classes start next week, eek...not ready. I have an orientation every Friday for the next 3 weeks, but it all gets started in a few short days!! I want to be graduated already!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment