Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dreaming!!

I so incredibly PR'd today!!! Woo Hoo!! The Dream Big 5K was this morning. Not lying - I did not want to do this. I have kind of been dreading this the last couple of days, just because. Some excuses are that I have had a crazy week, or that I am tired, or I haven't been training for a 5k. Lame I know, but Carrie came over this morning and we car pooled. The poor girl sounds like she can hardly breath still (damn colds) but she was all set and pumped to go so I had no excuses. We got our packets and we were happy to see the shirts were nice ones.

Then it was race time. Unfortunately Carrie and I are bitches ;). We bumped into a fellow runner and both of us were trying to figure out how she has a pr that is better than ours. She does not run as often as us and she does not go as far as us. I know we are mean, but this person makes us feel like it it her mission to pass us. Oh well, the gun went off and I started running hard, like really hard. I was trying to get a good position and trying to loose someone. (Not Carrie :)) I sort of figured I would run hard until I needed a break. I kept going and I felt a little out of breath, but pretty good considering how much I did not want to do this race.

After I saw 3k mark I was getting really tired, I took a one minute walk break then got back into a groove. After that there was no room to take another walk break without walking the finish, which I was not going to do. I sprinted ( the best I could) at the end to make sure no one passed me, and I did it....35:13!!! PR!!!!

Immediately I went backwards to find Carrie. She was doing awesome, not far behind me at all!! She finished looking strong and she also PR'd!!!! (and she's sick!) I am so proud of her!!!
After the race, sweaty and tired! Me and Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment