Well, back to back postings .... I know. How can she have that much to talk about with running?! But I do. So this weekend I was supposed to run 11 miles as my long run. Initially I figured I would run it out in Great Bend, but then I found out Brian was going to be out there, so I stayed home and texted Brandi and said lets do this. After much debate we came to the conclusion of starting 8ish and somewhere along the river, as I am bored with the park.
Well I woke up this morning and was so tempted to text Brandi and say, "not feeling it", but I didn't. I think I was so scared of this run simply due to the fact she is so much faster than me! I didn't want to run out of steam at my 2nd mile.
Well she picked me up and we parked at the park and got ready to head out. Weston was in the jogger and she was pushing. The first mile was comfortably fast, but I knew I wouldn't be able to maintain that. I should of started even slower, stupid on my part. Live and learn?
I managed to do mostly jog with walks on the 5.5 out, but on the way back somewhere along mile 8 or 9 I was done. I had no energy at all, my body was tired of moving. I had no idea how I was going to make it back. I walked pretty much the last 3 miles. I could come up with excuses, but overall it was me. I was just not prepared for this run. I did not fuel properly, I did not run properly this week, and I was unprepared.
When Brandi dropped me off at home, I was very shaky. I had barely enough coordination to unlock the door and push the button for the elevator. I managed to get into my apartment, but my drive for sugar was enormous. I immediately ate two italian ice freezer pops and half a bad of swedish fish, but I felt boat loads better. I did have a gu and banana before I left, but the gu I had at 5.5 miles left a taste in my mouth that made me feel nauseous. No more Jet Blackberry on long runs, before ok, but not in the middle. I need to find something that works for me.
I tried to take a nap when I got home, but couldn't turn my mind off, I just felt weird! I can;t even explain it. I was really tired after the run, but couldn't calm down. I went and met Brandi and Weston for dinner at Jose Peppers, absolutely unhealthy and delicious. I ate the whole meal, I was starving, lol.
Anyways, going to bed, should do homework , but eh....there is always tomorrow... and laundry...
No comments:
Post a Comment